Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stitched Exotics!




I finally ordered this stamp set after eyeballing it for quite some time. I couldn't resist any longer. I ordered the Stitched Background some time ago and truly this has to be one of my favorite backgrounds of all time. It is so elegant. I highly recommend this stamp to anyone. I wanted to show you a few samples today using this stamp set and over the week I will share more. I am really enjoying this stamp set!
Not only can I not resist the stamp, I cannot resist Iridescent Ice! I love this embossing powder and have used it on almost every sample lately!! For the top sample I stamped that beautiful flourish in Whisper White and then sprinkled a little II powder over it. After I heated it, I stamped the Stitched Background over the top of it. After mounting this to Soft Sky cardstock, I stamped the big flower in Blue Bayou, and placed a jumbo eyelet in the center. I tied my double stitched ribbon right through the middle and ummmmm... it was so pretty. I didn't put a sentiment on this card for a reason. I need a few cards just to send. No sentiment needed.
Now the bottom card is just a little card you can use as a gift card holder. For the front flap I stamped the small flourish in Blue Bayou and then used the outlined flourish with Whisper White and Iridescent Ice. It looked like a pretty prom dress. It was so pretty! I cut the large flower out and punched a hole in the middle and placed a pretty silver ribbon belt from the new Hodgepodge Hardware and pulled the Double Stitched through the ribbon belt to act as a belly band to keep the front cover closed. Hope that makes sense. Anyways, just a cute little card with a little elegance attached to it.
Watch for more samples tomorrow!

No comments: