Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Easter Pages

Okay, so I am a little late. I said I would post back yesterday and ended up on the computer most of the day instead of the creating like I wanted. Today was more my creating day. The wind outside was too much for me to take so the kids and I had another day indoors. Looks like tomorrow may be the same. What a bummer.

Anyhoo, I was working on my Scraps in the Mail program. This is a new program I am offering and I am quite excited about it. The unfortunate thing about moving is leaving great friends and great people to teach. I have seen so many other people teach either online or by mail, I thought why not I? This is where my passion of papercrafts lies anyways. I figured until I get my classes going here, why not give it a shot!! I started a Stamps in the Mail program last month and it is going very well. I figured I could give the scrapbooking end a try too. Basically it is a club in the mail. They will do (4) 8 1/2 x 11 layouts each month for a three month period. They get product from me, and Stampin' Up! to do these great layouts. I think it will be a fun program. If you want more info, just shoot me an email by clicking on the
link at the top. :)

Here is one of the things I was working on today. In fact, I was washing dishes when I was hit with this design idea. Literally, I dropped the dish back in the water and had to run and put it together. Ever had a moment like that? Who needs to house clean anyways? I am keeping the memories alive in the household. It should count for something!

Back to the show: I am on a kick to scrap 8 1/2x11 lately. I love this size. It is fast and fun! The idea that came to my crazy head was using the new petals roller in black on Kraft paper. Then adding Cool Caribbean down the side of it. What I was trying to achieve with the title was a circle effect, however that did not come out like I had planned. Close enough and I like the way it worked. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Big Deal Alphabet. Honestly, it is the best alpha on the market and so perfect for scrapbooking. Not to big, not to small. I also used the Polka Dot and Petals set and used the round circle down the creamy caramel strip stamped in Classic Black. I really like how that turned out. I sponged the edges to make it pop, and then matted it on Cool Caribbean. Such a fresh color. You are probably asking why I chose black for an Easter page. I dunno really, I just wanted to. That is why I love scrapbooking. I can do what I want. :) But the Cool Caribbean brought the springy-ness back. I also stamped the polka dot circle along the side of the Cool Caribbean before matting it to give a scalloped edge look. LOVE this element. Although sometimes it is hard to line up, if your stamp is mounted correctly, it shouldn't be a problem. I also took my paper piercer and poked holes along both edges of the Cool Caribbean. Love that hole maker. giggle! Here is a closer look at that....

Here you can also see the the hodgepodge hardware that I added with a little Chocolate Grosgrain ribbon. I likey a lot! Last, besides adding the pictures, I added the 2003 using the new doodles Alphabet numbers. I punched a label out of my word window punch and placed that underneath then added brads. Since I wanted the layout to flow a little more, I added more brads above the 'E's. This kinda follows that rule of thirds and gives your layout the balance that it needs. Plus, it is just plain fun to add them.

Here is a closer look at the bottom of my layout: Strip journaling is pretty popular right now and I thought this would be more fun on this particular page. I really didn't want to write a story about this day, since honestly I can not remember anything except my son sure was cute that day back in 2003! I did reflect on words I could feel from the picture. Viola! There is the layout! Now, back to some cards. I am so behind on cards!
I hope your week is quite fabulous and you find time to sit and relax! I challenge you to find an old picture and just start scrapbooking. Get your groove on and let everything else go, like the dishes! Happy Hump day!

5 comments:

Memories of Time said...

LOVE your pages... you are my scrappin idol! :) Adorable kiddos too!

Anonymous said...

It was really nice reading your post..and great work too...the pics look lovely..and well as Easter is round the corner also visit my blog on Easter Greetings and share all the fun and joy it's filled up with!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Great page! Cute pictures!

lilstamper said...

Great page Kimberly! And your right, who needs clean dishes - its WAAAAAY overrated - *GRIN* Hugs to you! Alex

Tanya said...

Love all the elements going on with this one! The brads, the poked holes, the ribbon, and stamping... you make it all work!