Sunday, February 4, 2007

My stuff is here...

and it is EVERYWHERE!!!! I would snap a pic for you, but I am afraid I would scare you. The house is obviously just a mess. Let me tell ya... moving in when it is literally 0 degrees outside is completely INSANE! I have never been so cold in all my life. For the most part, it was a smooth move. One guy fell down the stairs, one guy fell outside on ice and landed right on his bootie. Another fell on ice on the truck and scraped his knee and proceeded to get blood on the carpet. All this and really just one piece of furniture was broke coming into the house. They goofed bringing in the china cabinet. It was on it's side and BAM, the door fell off!!! Right from the wood. I could say nothing because my teeth were chattering.

My kiddo's did fantastic the entire day. It was alot to ask of them to stay in one room for about 8 hours. Of course they were hooked up with lots of snacks and toys. It was just so cold in the house I didn't want them wandering around. They are troopers.

I finally got warm last night when I got in my bed with two pair of socks, full clothing plus a sweatshirt, my blankets and a quilt. Russ was sweating. ;)
Today we accomplished a lot. There is still a ton to do, but gradually it will come together.
I'm looking to get my favorite room together early this week. Only because Alexis cried today when I told her I couldn't find my stamps. Just for her... that room just needs to be put together. :)

Enjoy the Super Bowl tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Kimberly -- glad you made it in okay, with minimal damage. Have fun setting up the craft room -- can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your new home. So happy to hear you and your belongings made the trip safely. Pull out the winter coats and heat up the hot chocolate. Plenty of stamping to do. Hugs! Grandma Melissa

Tanya said...

Glad the move went well without any major catastrophes! Now comes the *fun* part... unpacking. Lame! Just unpack the paperstampysticky stuff... the rest can wait. :-)