Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Finally!




Yes, I stamped. I told you I needed to get those Valentines done for Brandon, and that is exactly what I did. I was really looking for a WOW project, but when it comes down to the wire, I just needed Valentines. You will have to excuse the lighting on the pics until I figure out the best place to take shots in my new room. I was hoping for a bright sunny day, but it is snowing!

Back to the Valentines... As you can see in the second picture, these open up and display a little fun chocolate. I hope this brings a smile to someones face. So just how do you make these darling little matchbooks? First let me give credit where it is due. I have met a few fantastic demos here in the Springs and the first time I met them they showered me with Swaps. Can you believe that? I was so tickled and so welcomed. They probably had no idea how that made me feel. Anyhoo, one of the swaps came from them. To make this, cut your cardstock 10.5x3.5. Score at 3", 3.5", 6 3/4", and 7 1/4". Viola! Now, fold on your score lines and decorate to your liking. I used a few stamps on this little booger. I used our new Spring Mini stamp Doodle This. (Scrappers.... this set is a MUST have!!!!!) I also used the set Sweet on You from the Winter Mini. To make "SWEET" pop I stamped it and punched using my 1" circle punch. I then took it through my xyron and dusted it with Dazzling Diamonds. I also used our new Label punch in the Spring Mini. WOW is that a fun punch. The possiblities are endless with this!! You will notice that I embossed the Doodle This with detail White EP. I thought it really made it pop more. Lastly, I took our grograin ribbon in Light Pink and finished it off. While I know just a bunch of 5 year olds will be tearing into these, it did give me a sense of accomplishment... something I haven't had in a bit.
The house is still coming along. Still lots to do, but I have come to the reality that it's going to take a LONG time anyways!! Smooches!

3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a super cute project. Love those doodle stamps. Thanks for sharing the dimensions!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! This a double Wow-Wow card in my humble opinion. Such a super sweet card!!! I love it. Any adult would fall in love with this card! It is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

love love love your valentines TFS!