Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Ah Ha Moment!


With all the chaos in my life, I figured I would add a little more. I recently had what Oprah calls the "ah ha moment!" I have pondered for a few weeks about starting a blog so that I could keep up with so many family, friends and amazing customers. I needed an outlet to inspire others to keep their creative juices flowing. A way to keep the ink and stamps in hand. The paper cutter moving back and forth. AH HA! I think this is it!


I hope by posting here it will inspire you to visit and learn as I show you a few of my favorite projects and tutorials. All I ask is that you bare with me throughout the move process and shortly you will see daily postings of inspiration!


Here is one of the latest projects from my last stamp club. Let me just say, I LOVE Rubbah! It always amazes me just what can be done with a piece of paper and a stamp. Here I took a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at the 2", 4", 6"and 8" mark. Then I turned my paper and scored at the 2" mark. I took the Jumbo Snowflake Roller with bashful blue ink and rolled the entire piece. Already it's looking so purty! Once I have the entire sheet rolled, I used my 1 1/4 inch circle punch and punched a circle in the middle of one of the scored halves. Now I put the box together. Where you scored the 2" across on the 8 1/2" side, take your paper snips and cut to the scored area. You will be left with a small flap that you will need to cut. Take all your scored areas and fold. Place your snail/mono adhesive on the ends of the box and put it together. I sponged the edges with bashful blue. Sponging always makes a project more finished if you ask me. Next, I took the snowflake from Stampin' Up!'s Perinneal Favorites stamp set and inked it with White Stazon. I stamped the snowflake on a window sheet and then placed inside the box to cover the punched circle. I punched each side of the box with the Stampin' Up! horizontal punch and placed grograin ribbon on each side for handles. These cute little boxes are perfect for housing small gifts or candies for gifts.

No comments: