Sunday, April 1, 2007

Party with the Pirate!






It is Party Time! Brandon had his first birthday party to attend yesterday and he could hardly sleep the night before due to all the excitement. His little friend had the party at Chucky Cheese and both kids were just giddy about it. I love how I turn into super GREAT mom when we are taking them to the greatest place on earth. :)




Anyways, I made this birthday card and gift bag for his little friend and I thought I would share. I love that Ahoy Matey stamp set. It has tons of great uses for it from scrapbook pages to birthday invites and gift ideas galore!!!




I used alot of chalk on the bag, card and tag. Whenever I am watercoloring, I always use Black or Timber Brown stazon. I used this on this particurlar project because I wanted to use my blender pens along with the chalk. Chalk can give a nice watercolor effect as well. I used the Matey's Map wheel and wheeled directly on the bag and used my chalk to highlight areas on it. I used my white gel pen (can't live without it) on the moutains in the wheel. My favorite part of this project is the tag. I stamped the ship and colored it in with chalk and then stamped it again on scratch paper, cutting out a piece of the sail. I then popped up the sail on dimensionals and it really made that ship FUN!




Here is a close up look of the tag and card. :)
Have a Fabulous Sunday!

3 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Great set! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the card and bag!!! Super cute!!! I'm so tempted to get this stamp set....I said to myself if my baby is a boy that I would get this set!!!

Memories of Time said...

OH MY GOSH! You totally inspired me to use my chalks more! This is AMAZING! You are a total BOMB!!! :)