Monday, January 29, 2007

Are EWE doing okay?


So, just how are EWE doing? I love this little image from the stamp set Farm Fever. Lots of great images come in this stamp set and I always like to use it when I need a {get better} card. Of course being an outline stamp, there are many ways I could color it. For this particular card, I chose not to color and left the image alone. Just what mediums could I have used? Watercolor crayons... LOVE them, color pencils, Chalk, ink refills... the list could go on. Tonight I will do a similar card only using different mediums to color the image. Lets see just how we can pop that image off this card.
Now, what else did I do to it? I started with Real Red Cardstock. After stamping my image from Farm Fever I matted it with Basic Black. I took the flower from the Ladybuds set and stamped randomly on the Real Red cardstock with Basic black ink. I then took my handy white gel pen (everyone should have this) and highlighted the center to add a little umph! I think it did. I then took my twill tape and wrapped around the card and secured on the right side with a red brad. Lastly, I took my paper piercer and added a little texture to the corner using my stitch guide. This is another product every stamper needs to have. It adds so much zing to a card. Viola! A simple card complete. This one only took about 10 minutes to make. Easy enough!
So, just what will EWE do today?
All images copyright Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So cute! Love the extra touch with the paper piercer... very cool!